Palliative care provides services to meet the physical, psychological and spiritual needs of people with cancer and their loved ones. Our specialty trained palliative professionals help patients and their families live each day as well as possible.
Palliative care benefits patients by ensuring:
- Management of pain, symptoms and side effects
- Care focused around you, your desires and your personal and family values
- Increased communication between you, your loved ones and care team
- Coordination of care with an entire multispecialty care team
- Support from the time of an advanced cancer diagnosis
Unlike hospice care, which is provided near the end of life, palliative care is provided throughout the course of an illness, even while you may be receiving curative therapies. The two types of care use many of the same techniques, but hospice focuses on end-of-life care for patients who no longer wish to receive active treatment.