Meet Our Six Partner Hospitals
The Cancer Center of Western Wisconsin was formed in collaboration with Amery Hospital & Clinic, Hudson Hospital & Clinic, Osceola Medical Center, St. Croix Regional Medical Center, Western Wisconsin Health and Westfields Hospital & Clinic. Learn more about each of these centers of care below.
Amery Hospital & Clinic
Amery Regional Medical Center was formed in 1998 as a result of an affiliation agreement between the Apple River Hospital and the Amery HealthPartners Medical Group (HPMG) Clinic. HPMG and the Amery Regional Medical Center Foundation are the two corporate owners of the medical center, with the foundation maintaining majority ownership. The foundation and HPMG are both not-for-profit organizations.
Amery Regional Medical Center is a 25-bed critical access hospital. In October 2007, the hospital built a new 120,000 square foot facility, the West Campus, which is home to the Behavioral Health Center and Wound Healing Center.
In addition, Amery Regional Medical Center owns and operates three satellite clinics in the communities of Clear Lake, Turtle Lake and Luck, Wisconsin. The medical center also has an outpatient physical rehabilitation and fitness center in downtown Amery along with an out-patient physical therapy and fitness center in Luck.
Hudson Hospitals & Clinic
Hudson Hospitals & Clinics has cared for the health of their community for more than 55 years. Its vision and commitment to friends and neighbors throughout west central Wisconsin is recognized for providing exceptional care in a healing environment.
In 2004, the board, leaders and staff partnered with numerous community organizations to help concept, design and build its current campus. Looked to from across the region and nationally, the facility has hosted hundreds of tours from other health systems and architects, gathering ideas on healing, community friendly healthcare environments. Hudson Hospitals & Clinics is recognized internationally for its healing arts program in partnership with the Phipps Center for the Arts.
Hudson Hospitals & Clinics and its Board of Directors recognize the value of carefully selected partnerships to add value and meet community healthcare needs responsibly and efficiently. In 1999, Hudson Hospital & Clinics entered into an affiliation with HealthPartners. In 2009, Hudson Hospital & Clinics expanded its affiliation and became a full member of the HealthPartners family of care.
Osceola Medical Center
Osceola's first hospital was established in 1932 by Dr. L. O. Simenstad, who had begun his practice as an Osceola family doctor in 1924. His son, Dr. John Simenstad, launched his Osceola practice as a surgeon and family physician in 1964, and what has become today's Osceola Medical Center took on dramatic new dimensions of growth under his leadership. Preparing for future growth, the medical center consolidated into one locally managed, nonprofit independent facility.
Today's medical center is built on the foundation laid by both Simenstads. The opening of the 75,000 square foot Osceola Medical Center in 2008 marked a turning point in healthcare for the community. The 134-acre campus easily allows for future expansion and additional services. The Board of Director's vision was to create a healthcare campus to provide fitness opportunities, senior living options, health and quality living. The board envisioned facilities, trails and recreational fields coming together to make the campus a destination for the community.
St. Croix Regional Medical Center
In 1919, a medical clinic and hospital were founded by Dr. J. A. "Jake" Riegel and located in a family home in St. Croix Falls known as the Baker House. By mid-century, however, a growing area population, state and federal government regulations and changes in medicine made it clear that a modern hospital building was needed in the community.
In 1955, St. Croix Valley Memorial Hospital was built and owned by the community of St. Croix Falls. The River Valley Medical Center established a partnership of physicians in 1957 and later incorporated in 1971.
In 1999, the hospital and clinic merged to form the St. Croix Regional Medical Center, a not-for-profit healthcare organization providing a wide range of physician and hospital services. St. Croix Regional Medical Center prides itself in being a contributing member of the entire community. Medical staff and consulting specialists see patients at the St. Croix Falls, Unity and Frederic clinics.
In 2008, a 39,400 square foot surgery center with rooftop helipad was built. Named in honor of long-time St. Croix Regional Medical Center surgeon, Dr. Lloyd Olson, the new facility expanded the number of operating suites from three to six, with space for a seventh in the future.
Western Wisconsin Health
Western Wisconsin Health opened its doors in December 1936. Numerous capital projects over the more than 70 years since its inception have resulted in today's modern 25-bed critical access hospital. In 1998, the physicians and hospital partnered to form Western Wisconsin Health as St. Croix County's first integrated hospital and clinic.
Since 1936, Western Wisconsin Health has taken great pride in bringing a continuing tradition of excellence in healthcare services to Baldwin and its surrounding communities. Its mission is to be a healthcare resource for everyone they serve by delivering high-quality health and wellness services. Western Wisconsin Health has relationships with more than 20 visiting medical specialists in the region to bring exceptional services to community members.
Westfields Hospital & Clinic
The idea of a hospital for New Richmond had its inception at a post-WWII planning meeting of the Kiwanis Club in 1945 when E. J. Cashman, local business leader, announced a gift of $50,000 to start the fund. A community fundraising campaign resulted in $150,000 gifts from more than 2,000 residents in a community of slightly more than 2,500. An additional $150,000 was gifted by Hill Burton federal funds designated to expand healthcare availability to rural areas. The final $100,000 was given by the Sisters of St. Joseph, who became owners of the facility.
Holy Family Hospital opened for operation in 1950. Today, Westfields Hospital is a 25-bed, critical access hospital that provides primary, acute and emergent medical care, as well as numerous outpatient services. The medical campus also includes a primary care clinic and a senior living community. Westfields Hospital has been a member of the HealthPartners family of care since 2006.
The mission of Westfields Hospital is to “improve health and well-being in partnership with our members, patients and community.”